Saturday, May 28, 2011

Getting out there - easier said than done?

Reading a good few running blogs lately, it's been genuinely inspiring.  To see how other people fit runs into their busy lives really makes me think how easily I've allowed myself to say 'nah, not today'.  


Been having a tricky time lately but getting back into running has helped enormously and one of the key things I guess is realising that if I am beat, just doing a 30 minute trot really picks me up.  Sometimes I'm actually physically too tired and that's okay, but most of the time I just don't see where I could possibly find time to get out there - the truth is there's invariably time, but I choose to use it to for things don't pick me up.  No more (I hope)!


So while I'm busy writing about being healthy, here's my fridge last night when I arrived at Sebring, FL:




But you know what, after a few of these and a 12 hour sleep I was in such a better place today and knocked out just over 5 miles in Highlands Hammock State Park.  Only saw one 'gator but was a superb run - I'll be back tomorrow I think, to double the mileage at a more sensible hour.  At 2pm and 32 degrees I wasn't going anywhere in a hurry!  A lot of the running was along these kinds of trails:




It contrasts nicely with some of the running I did just a few days ago over in Tampa, when I was absolutely bushed and just wanted to get into bed.  Those looked a little more like this:




Different runs but both helping me realise how just getting out there - whether full of beans or not really makes my world a better place.  Reading other blogs, it's great to see how this holds true for so many people!

“Do a little more each day than you think you possibly can.” - Lowell Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment